- Add the oats and almond meal to a food processor and pulse until combined and the oats are mostly broken down
- Add in the dates and coconut oil and pulse until it becomes a sticky paste
- Add the dough to a small brownie pan with parchment paper and press the dough down evenly
- Place in the freezer while making the caramel
- Add all the caramel ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it becomes a thick and smooth paste
- Spread the caramel evenly over the cookie layer in your brownie pan and place in the freezer while making the chocolate layer
- Melt the coconut oil together with the almond butter and maple syrup until it is well-combined. You can melt it in the microwave or au bain-marie
- Add in the cacao powder and stir it in
- Spread out the mixture evenly over the frozen caramel layer and place in the freezer for another hour and a half or until hard
- When it is frozen, take it out of the freezer and cut into littler squares. To create the most beautiful squares run a large cutting knife under hot water for a minute and pat dry afterwards; it will make it easier to cut through them.
How to store? Store in closed bag in the freezer of fridge.